Do you want to get a stellar workout and enjoy a breath of fresh air? Grab a pair of light weights and head to a local park to try this quick and effective workout:
– Jog around the park 2x.
– Dynamic warm-up stretches, such as step-touches, leg swings, and runners stretch.
– Find a bench, step or curb and perform Plank to a One-Arm Row for 12 reps. Then hold plank for 30 seconds. Repeat x 3 sets.
– Jog around the park 1x.
– 20 reps of Hamstring Dead-lifts to Overhead Press. Repeat 3 times.
– Mountain Climbers for 30 seconds.
– 20 reps of Plie’ Squats to Anterior (Front) Arm Raises. Repeat x 3.
– Find a bench for 12 triceps or regular push-ups. Then jumping squats or step-ups onto the bench for 30-seconds.
– Find a step or curb for jumping toe-taps with alternating bicep curls for 30-seconds.
– Run down the field with knee-ups and back with butt-kicks. Repeat x 3.
– 20 reps of Reverse Flys with the back leg raised. Then 15 walking lunges. Repeats x 3.
– Burn out the core with 20 reps of bicycle kicks, leg-lifts, and an elbow-plank hold for 1-minute.
– Cool-down stretches, such as seated hamstring, lying IT-band, and standing quad stretch.
Maybe you enjoy a group fitness setting. Find a class in your area that is held outdoors. It may be yoga, a tennis clinic, or a bootcamp fitness class. Bring the kids along to join in the fun and make sure you stay hydrated.